Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nuggets-Lakers Live Blog, 1st Quarter

I'll be live blogging the entire game tonight (hopefully) between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Denver Nuggets.  As you probably know, I'm rooting for the Nuggets.  The game will be divided up by quarters, so none of the posts are too long.  Get ready.  Should be an exciting Game 5.

9:04 ET: I wonder how much the Lakers' intro cost them?  A bit over the top, if you ask me.

9:05: Did Jeff Van Gundy just call Lamar Odom's game "well-rounded"? Hahaha.  If you're depending on Lamar Odom to win a playoff game/series, I'd say you're screwed.

9:10: Van Gundy once again providing some good insight.  I agree that fouls should not carry over from series to series.  Amazing how a guy who was such a mediocre coach can be such a good analyst. 

9:12: The box score from Game 4 looks pretty imposing.

9:13: 'Melo looks like he's feeling better.  Can't help but feel that this is one of those game where Kobe has to carry the Lakers on his back.  Real sloppy play thus far, especially by Trevor Ariza.

9:15: Way too much effort is put into car commercials.  Also, hate the new McDonald's ads.

9:17: Lamar Odom should focus on his inability to hit more than one of two free throws in the fourth quarter.

9:19: Marc Jackson made way too much of that pick by Gasol.  I don't really think it says much, besides "I'm gonna throw a pick on you away from the ball."

9:21: Derek Fisher is one of about 5 current guys I would never give an option shot in the playoffs.  The others?  LeBron, Kobe, Robert Horry, and Dwayne Wade.

9:23: Love the classic "Where Will Amazing Happen This Year?" commercials.  Whoever's been running the NBA's ad dept. the past two years, props.

9:25: Nene does a very good job of disappearing for years at a time. -- Nice play by Carmelo right there.  Takes some real upper arm strength.

9:27: Just got word that we, as a household, will not be watching this entire game.  So much for being able to live blog the whole thing.

9:30: Correction, Marc Jackson.  Denver getting Billups was a bigger move than the Lakers getting Gasol last year.  The Lakers were already one of the best teams before Gasol.  The Nuggets went from a fringe playoff team to one of the NBA's elite with Billups.

9:31: Tough break on the Billups offensive foul.  Feet weren't set, and he didn't push off.  Now he's got two fouls, and we're not going to see him until a couple minutes into the second.

9:34: Denver getting a lot of second-chance opportunities.  Lamar Odom, just like I said, is a failure.  Also- did Birdman get a haircut?!  Looks like it.  

9:35: Not sure how long I'll be around for the rest of this game.  I'll blog while I'm here.  I'll definitely be here for the fourth though.

No comments: